Quinoa with chicken and mushrooms
- Fry the onion and the garlic in a knob of butter then add the Quinoa and mix well. Add 200 ml chicken broth, salt, pepper and some sambal and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 5 minutes then remove the pan from the heat and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Wipe the mushrooms clean and cut into equal sized pieces. Thinly slice the spring onion and chop the chicken roughly.
- Fry the mushrooms in some butter, add the spring onion and the chicken. Heat through thoroughly and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mushroom mixture to the Quinoa and stir well.
- Spoon onto plates and sprinkle some finely chopped flat-leaved parsley on top.
Serving suggestion: sprinkle over some cashew nuts, if liked.